• performance material, available on a rental basis
• the full score is also available for purchase (please see EP10861)
• "In memoriam Lepo Sumera (1950-2000)
• commissioned by Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz
• first performance: Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz, conductor Ralf Otto (December 1, 2000, Christuskirche, Mainz, Germany)
• recorded on: CD "Exodus", ECM (2003) - City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, conductor Paavo Järvi
• “Aditus (approach, access, entrance, beginning, chance) is a 9-minute concert opener based on the gradually lengthening chromatic scale. This is mixed with another row: 1112336332. The starting impulse is given by brass and tubular bells but the elastic resistance of the floating string chord will ground it three times before the active rhythm will break through. The rhythmic section grows to the climax by using multitonal harmonies and the end is an illuminative dispersion.” (Erkki-Sven Tüür)
• For more on Erkki-Sven Tüür, please click on his name, above ...